MINISTRY & OUTREACH
When asked what the greatest commandment is, Jesus answered with two: “You must love the Lord your God” and “You must love your neighbor as you love yourself” (Matthew 22:34-40).
John Wesley, following Jesus's call, taught us to grow in our faith by “doing good of every possible sort, and, as far as possible, to all” (General Rules).
As United Methodists, we are active in our local communities, and through our global connection of congregations and agencies, we participate in ministries around the globe and in our own backyard. We take the call to serve seriously and are continually looking for ways to help raise up our community.
Backpack food programs offer families free groceries for weekends and school breaks. Food backpacks include healthy, easy-to-prepare food for kid-friendly meals.
Feeding America member food banks partner with schools, Boys and Girls Clubs, and community centers to distribute backpacks to kids. Methodist Circle of Faith has partnered with other area churches to provide this program to Lakeview School District. As of January 2022 the program supplies food for 71 of children from the elementary and middle schools. A child can be sponsored for $248 per school year.
Ways to help:
- Volunteer directly to help pack, or deliver food.
- Pray for the children and families that face hunger and poverty.
- Donate to the program.
We make simple sack lunches for residents at the Manor. The Manor is a, low-income, senior apartment complex in Stoneboro, PA. Meets at 10:00 am every other Wednesday at Unity of Faith Church in Stoneboro.
Ways to help:
- Volunteer your time to make or deliver the sack lunches.
- Make/bake something like cookies to go in the lunches.
- Pray for those that receive the lunches as well as those who volunteer.
- Donate to help fund this outreach.
Contact us at the Church Office for more information.
We have been blessed in our ability to do community outreach in our own backyard! The Dinner Table brings a hot, home cooked meal to the residents of the Manor in Stoneboro. The Manor is a complex that provides housing for low income seniors. On the first and third Thursday of every month we join the residents for a meal and fellowship. Making Jesus Known one table at a time.
Ways to help:
- Pray for the residents of the Manor as well as all those who live in poverty
- Volunteer in the kitchen, delivery, and or fellowship.
- Donate to help fund this amazing outreach.
- Make or bake a desert to go with the meal.
Contact our office for more information.
We hold various activities for families throughout the year.
- Sandy Lake Fun Days
- Stoneboro Community Days
- Ice Skating
- Polar Bear Plunge
- Operation Christmas Child
- Vacation Bible School
- Project Days
- Several different Bible Studies
- A wide variety of missions/ministry
- Tinsel and Tractors / Live Nativity
There are various Bible studies throughout the week with something for everyone.
Check our Events Calendar, Facebook ,or our newsletter; MUF Matters for more information!
- Join us at Hendersonville for Covered Dish Fellowship Dinners every 3rd Monday of the month at 6:00 pm. Everyone is invited! Hendersonville Church, 1013 Jackson Center-Polk Road, Stoneboro, PA.
We currently have several woman's groups
- Vincent NBC meets on the first Wednesday monthly at 12:00 am
- 28 Walnut, Jackson Center, PA 16133
- Lakeview Area Community Church has a Woman's Mission Group that meets on the fourth Monday every month at 1:00 pm
- 1472 School Rd, Sandy Lake, PA 16145
Samaritan's Purse Operation Christmas Child. Our goal is to collect 200 boxes again this year! We are asking that each member from the churches collect the items for the boxes and drop them off at your church.
Every Halloween, our Unity of Faith in Stoneboro location passes out Bibles, candy, and books to the children of our community. This has been a wildly successful outreach to the youth in our communities!
We hold Vacation Bible School every year. 2023 dates are to be announced as we get closer to summer.
Lakeview Area Community Church, 1472 School Road, Sandy Lake, PA.
We attend national mission conferences and help numerous missions and missionaries, located both locally and around the world. We also collect various items for missions such as stamps, bottles, and glasses.
Our Praise Team is growing! We are always looking for those who want to share their talent.
Join in fellowship with our ladies quilting group and create some gorgeous showpieces. They meet at Lakeview Area Community Church each Wednesday morning at 8:30 am. The funds generated from the quilting go to our Mission Fund.
A local Girl Scout Troup uses our Lakeview Area Community Church location for it's meetings.
Check out the Blessing Box at the Unity of Faith Church in Stoneboro. Take what you need, leave what you can.
1 Peter 4:10 New International Version
10 Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.